Our UK Corporate Responsibility Teams are proud to announce AIC has been selected as a winner of a Green Organisation Scottish Green Apple Award. This is AIC’s second consecutive year being recognized.
“AIC and its staff are delighted to win the Scottish Green Apple Award for the second year running,” commented Janine Burch, Director of HR, UK. “This is excellent recognition for the hard work and dedication of our Corporate Responsibilities Teams. We continue to drive new initiatives that focus on improving the lives of our staff and communities and our environmental impact.”
AIC established its Corporate Responsibilities Team after recognizing the importance of sustainability. Our commitment is demonstrated through green projects, well-being and community.
Activities and achievements include:
- Recycling campaigns & recycle banks
- Earth Hour/WWF Support
- Tips, quizzes & monthly newsletter
- Awareness campaigns – i.e. Air Con, Energy, Water Consumption & Greener Driving
- Carbon Footprinting
- Physical activities – i.e. stair climb challenge, bike rides, 96-mile walks, football (soccer)
- Quit & Win; challenging employees to quit smoking
- Awareness Campaigns: drug & alcohol, stress, mental & oral health
- Weight loss challenge & healthy eating week
- Lifestyle checks
Charity & Community
- 2012 & 2013 – Partnering with PEEK (Possibilities East End Kids) in Glasgow, Scotland
- PEEK works with young people aged 5-25 giving motivation, self-confidence and life skills
- 2013 – Partnering with Walthew House in Stockport, England
- Walthew House is an independent local charity supporting the blind, visually impaired, deaf and hard of hearing
Fundraising in 2010 totaled £5938, exceeding our target. In 2011, this increased 63% to £9419, and advanced further in 2012 to £10,752.
We are proud of our award success and believe this aids our ability to win new and grow existing client opportunities and relationships. Being a family company, we genuinely care, respect and listen to our staff. We rely on the ability to motivate and encourage them in becoming aware of the difference they can make towards greener living, benefiting not only themselves, but their families, colleagues and communities.